onsdag 16. juni 2010

"Who's to blame?"

I saw myself grow tall
With each new inch I smiled
My eyes closed, I loved the sensation
Rising higher and higher, soaring on top
"Surely I must've outgrown the crowd by now"

Opening my eyes, to my dismay I realised
I had not grown
Not an inch
Not at all
But someone had lowered the bar

Outraged that I found myself at bottom and not at top, I screamed and yelled
"Who's fault is this?"
"Who's to blame?"
One hand raising
Soon another
I would now discover who had brought my downfall

Astonished I found
One after another
They all pointed

To me

By: Therese Annett Paulsen

I found this poem that I wrote at the end of April this year. I'm not sure whether or not I'm done with it yet, but I like what it talks about. It's so easy to blame all the failures of life on others, when it seems the whole world is against you and everyone is acting up.. Much easier than realising it might actually be you who needs an attitude adjustment.


That's when it's so good to know that God's grace is ever-present. He won't take any blessings or promises away from you when you let on that you're not perfect. He'll always love you and watch over you. And it is so freeing to have that freedom in one's life! To know that even though I'm failing to reach certain standards that I've set for myself and sometimes fall, in a way it doesn't matter! God's always there to help you back up on your feet again. Just be careful that you don't ignore His hand and keep facing the gutter. It won't do you much good.. ;) :)

Enjoy your life to the fullest, know that God's grace is always there for you and let Him pull yourself close to Him and His love. You won't regret it! ;) 

And keep in mind that the next time the world seems dark and hopeless, maybe you just need to open your eyes.



xx

Ingen kommentarer: